top of page

Student dependant visa policy change under review

There is speculation that the UK government is actively considering policy changes that may stop foreign students from bringing their spouses and children to the UK while studying in the UK, unless they are pursuing "high-value" degrees. The government is engaged in ongoing discussions regarding this matter. Under (unconfirmed) the potential new rules, students would only be allowed to bring their family members if they are studying courses that the government deems as economically valuable, such as science, mathematics, and engineering. Presently, this is not the case, regardless of their course of study, postgraduate students are permitted to bring their family members. An official announcement from the UK government regarding updates to international student policy is expected to be made soon.

2 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Requirements for a Hong Kong BN(O) Status Holder Visa

Requirements for a Hong Kong BN(O) Status Holder Visa To get a Hong Kong BN(O) Status Holder Visa, you need to show that: You are at least 18 years old You are a British National (Overseas) under the


bottom of page