top of page

UK Visa news update- UK students Visa

UK student visa has been extremely attractive for student around the world as of now student can stay two years in the UK for work without sponsor after completing their studies at degree level. However recently UK Home office instructed MAC, Migration advisory committee to conduct review of the graduate route visa, post study work option for international students, to understand effectiveness in attracting and retaining the brightest students around the world come to study in the UK.

The UK Home office introduced Graduate Route allows student to remain in the UK for work after successfully completing their degree programme at higher education provider. The UK Home Office have been open about desire to reduce net migration to the UK, as seen in recent drastic changes in UK Skilled worker visa routes as well as increase in income threshold in UK spouse visa.

The migration advisory committee expecting to complete review by 14 may 2024, the UK home office desire for finding such shorter period then usually commission will take, this speedy process will potentially limit commission ability to conduct review and may be question over quantity and quality of finding of review, this has also raised question whether home office genuine seeking better understanding of the Graduate visa route or simply looking for a reason to withdraw it.  

5 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Requirements for a Hong Kong BN(O) Status Holder Visa

Requirements for a Hong Kong BN(O) Status Holder Visa To get a Hong Kong BN(O) Status Holder Visa, you need to show that: You are at least 18 years old You are a British National (Overseas) under the

  UK Business Visit Visa

What is a Business Visit Visa? UK Business Visit Visa is for people who want to come to the UK for a short-term unpaid business activity. It is part of the Standard Visitor route, which allows people

The Schengen Visa

A Permit for Airport Transit or Short Stays in Member States' Territory. The Schengen Visa is a permit issued by a Member State for the purpose of airport transit or short stays in the territory of on


bottom of page