top of page

2-year unmarried partner requirement

In such cases dependant partner need to demonstrate their relationship by providing evidence they have lived two years together at the same address immediately before the date of application. However, this does not apply if the couple are living apart for work or other exception reasons, provided that the relationship has existed continuously since 2 years period of cohabitation and continues to be genuine and subsisting. To show that subsisting and genuine the applicant must provide evidence.

(a) It was not reasonably practical for another partner to accompany or join them

(b) Provide other evidence to show that relationship continued throughout by providing letters, logged phone calls, shared financial accounts.

Further lead applicant and dependant must show intention to live to gather throughout their stay in the UK. There should be evidence of clear commitment from both parties they will live immediately following the outcome of the application soon as circumstances permits thereafter.

Choosing right immigration lawyer can be challenging, at KASH LEGAL SERVICES, we understand complexities of UK immigration process and committed guiding through every step. We work tirelessly to ensure your immigration experience is as smooth and stress free as possible. To arrange free consultation please feel free to call on 01143279654 or Email or visit our website

2 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Requirements for a Hong Kong BN(O) Status Holder Visa

Requirements for a Hong Kong BN(O) Status Holder Visa To get a Hong Kong BN(O) Status Holder Visa, you need to show that: You are at least 18 years old You are a British National (Overseas) under the


bottom of page