What are the circumstances that will warrant your skilled worker/tier 2 (General) work visa to be updated?

  • If you want to change your job and your new job is with a different employer, your visa needs to be updated.
  • If your job changes to a different occupation code, and you’re not in a graduate training programme, your visa needs to be updated.
  • If you leave a job that is on the shortage occupation list for a job that is not on the list, your visa needs to be updated.
  • If you take a second / additional job that is either more than 20 hours a week in addition to the job being sponsored for or job in a different occupation code, your visa needs to be updated.

Do you need to apply for update if your job is taken off the shortage occupation list?

No! You do not need to apply again if you stay in the same job, but your job is taken off the shortage occupation list.

Will you need to update your visa if you are doing a different job for your current employer?

Yes! If you’ll be doing a different job for your current employer, you only need to apply to update your visa if your new job is in a different occupation code. For example, if Exemplar Health Care Ltd employs you as a Health Care Assistant and you have a valid work visa to that effect. Thereafter, you apply for the role of Human Resource officer within Exemplar Health Care Ltd and you are offered the position, your work visa needs to be updated because you will now be working as Human Resource officer and not Health Care Assistant

made under appendix settlement family life (ten year route to qualify for indefinite leave to remain), usually an “unmarried partner”, which means a person who has been living together with the applicant in a relationship akin to a marriage or civil partnership for at least two years prior to the date of application, however as per guidance durable relationship is to be consider as “For a relationship to be similar to marriage or civil partnership the couple must usually have lived together as a couple (not just as friends) and shown an ongoing commitment to one another. However, in some circumstances there may be evidence of a durable relationship similar to marriage or civil partnership where the couple have not, or currently do not, live together”. Guidance suggest relationship will be assessed in circumstances where partner are living apart for practical reasons.

At KASH LEGAL SERVICES, we understand complexities of UK immigration process and committed guiding through every step. We work tirelessly to ensure your immigration experience is as smooth and stress free as possible. To arrange free consultation please feel free to call on 01144000340 or Email info@kashlegalservices.co.uk or visit our website www.kashlegalservices.co.uk.

The information presented in this article is intended solely for providing general knowledge and understanding of the subject matter. It should not be considered as legal advice.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This field is required.

This field is required.

Open chat
Can we help you?