top of page


  • What is Genuineness and Credibility
    The applicant must be a genuine visitor, meaning that he/she is genuinely seeking entry for the purpose permitted by the rules and will leave the UK at the end of their visit. The applicant will not live in the UK for extended period, will not make frequent and successive visits or establish the UK as their main home. Further the applicant will not undertake any prohibited activities.
  • What is Maintenance and accommodation?
    An applicant must have sufficient funds to cover all reasonable cost in relation to his/her visit without working or accessing public funds. This includes accommodation, the cost of return or onward journey, any causal costs related to dependence, and the cost of any planned activities such as private medical treatment.
  • Can I rely on Third party assistance?
    The applicant can rely on third party support if they have a genuine or professional relationship with the visitor.
  • What are the Prohibited activities?
    An applicant must not intend to work in the UK. This includes taking formal employment in the UK, doing work for an organisation or business within the UK, or establishing and/or running a business.
  • What are permitted activities:
    Visitors are allowed to do following activities; tourism and leisure, volunteering, general business activities, legal activities, as well as matters relating to religion, sport, work related training, study, medical treatment, organ donation etc..
  • Marriage and civil partnership visitors:
    A person may enter the UK in order to marry or enter a civil partnership provided, of course, that the couple do not intend to stay in the UK after the marriage or civil partnership ceremony. If the couple wish to remain in the UK permanently, the applicant should apply as fiancés or civil partner.
  • What is Genuine Student Provision?
    Students must show genuine intention to study. When considering whether a student is genuine the Home Office will consider previous educational and immigration history of the applicant, any post study plan and personal financial circumstances. Applicants may also be interviewed to assess genuineness. To apply entry clearance, the student must have been issued a Certificate of Acceptance of studies (CAS), must provide evidence of meeting the financial as well as English language requirement.
  • What is Certificate of Acceptance for studies (CAS)?
    A CAS, issued by a Home Office , is an approved licence sponsor for a single course of study or for pre-sessional course followed by degree. It contains mandatory information such as study address, fees, English language assessment and course details.
  • What are the financial requirements?
    All students are expected to show that they hold sufficient funds to cover the full cost of their course plus, if study at London, £1,334 each month for at least 9 months. If outside London £1,023 each month for up to a maximum 9 months.
  • What are the English language requirements?
    All students must show English language at Level B2, if course is at Bachelors’ degree level or above, B1 if below degree level. However, exceptions apply to those who are either nationals of a majority English speaking country, or who hold an academic qualification at degree level or above in the UK.
  • What is living together?
    Home Office guidance is that living together should be applied “fairly tightly”. The couple should show evidence of cohabitation during the preceding two years. Short breaks apart, of up to six months, where it is not possible for the partner to accompany, may be acceptable for work commitments or looking after relatives. In order to demonstrate a two years’ relationship, evidence of cohabitation is needed in order to show the relationship is akin to marriage or civil partnership. The Home Office will look for evidence of a committed relationship.
  • What are the relationship requirements?
    The partner must be British, present, and settled in UK. They must be over 18 and the relationship must not be within prohibited degree. Parties have met in person (face to face meetings that allow the relationship to develop over the internet/social media will satisfy). The relationship is genuine and subsisting. A couple must be in valid marriage or civil partnership. Any previous relationship broken down permanently and have intention to live in UK permanently etc.???
  • What are the financial requirements?
    The applicant must provide documentary evidence that shows minimum gross annual income. To satisfy financial requirement, the UK spouse needs an income of at least £18,600 before tax and £22,400 if there are any dependants.
  • What are the English language requirement?
    Applicants are required to submit evidence of having met the English language requirement. A certificate to show the applicant has reached level A1 in an approved English language speaking and listening test. Exceptions apply to applicants from majority English speaking countries or those with appropriate academic qualifications.
bottom of page